Wanna Swap?? Simply Solids Fat Quarter Swap!!4:00:00 AM
*Update: January 1, 2013*
The swap has now filled. Thank you for all of those who signed up to participate!
The Bee has international/regional groupings, and I am still looking to fill the Mainland Europe and Canadian groupings...but we are still accepting applications from all regions until December 31, 2013.
Now for the Swap. The swap is open to everyone, regardless of whether you are taking part in the Bee or not.
Here are the rules.
Please read the rules carefully, and only commit to signing up if you know you'll be able to take part.
- Only quilting quality, solid colored cottons will be accepted. No blenders, etc. allowed. If your package does not contain high-quality cotton, it will be returned to you. An example of high quality would be Bella, Kona, Connecting Threads brands, LQS homespun-high quality cotton, etc.
- Each person will be assigned one solid color, and will be responsible for submitting 8 fat quarters, measuring at least 18" x 21", by mail to the organizer. For example, if you are assigned the color 'red', your 8 fat quarters of red cotton may be all the same shade, or multiple shades of red, you decide. Please do not submit uncut yardage - please precut your submissions into FQs. In return, you'll receive a rainbow pack of 8 fat quarters.
- This is important: when you mail your package of FQs to us, you must include a self addressed, self paid envelope for your return package. If you do not, you won't receive a package back... we are not responsible for shipping costs back to you.
- This swap is open to international residents (i.e. those outside of the U.S.)... international residents please note: You will have to pre-print & pre-pay for your postage for your return envelope on USPS.com. You will also be required to fill out the customs declaration form. Again - if your package to us doesn't have a return envelope with postage paid, you won't be getting a package back.
- For those in the UK: Celine at EspritPatch has opened a UK-based chapter of the swap. You can head to her website to sign up: UK/Ireland Chapter of Simply Solids Swap!
- IMPORTANT DATES:
- December 31, 2012: Deadline for Sign-up for swap
- January 1, 2013: Color assignments emailed out
- January 31, 2013: Deadline for mailing/submitting FQs to organizer
- February 15, 2013: (approximately, maybe sooner) FQs sent back to group
- The speed at which this swap will occur depends on those submitting fabrics - the sooner the group submits their fabrics, the sooner you all get your packages back!
- Updates of the swap will be posted here and on Rachel's blog, Sew Happily Ever After!
- Are you ready to swap?? Yippee! Fill out the form below!
If you'd like to promote the swap on your blog, grab a button here!
Once you're done here, scroll down to see the current: