Sunday Stash Share: Sweet Sweet Candy Pinks. Feeding the Fast. YUM!3:07:00 PM
Happy Father's Day, everyone!
Whether you're celebrating with your hubby, daddy, sons, grandpas, or any other important father figures in your life, I hope you're having a good one.
The day is going really well here; we are spending the day together, which is nice given that I've been feeling so crummy lately with this neck thing, and the kids are loving having their daddy to play with a bit more.
In quilty news, the Great Fabric Fast of 2014 continues. My rules for this year were simple:
- I can purchase fabric, but only those necessary to complete a project - i.e. - background or backing
- I am only allowed to purchase stash fabric through my subscription at Marmalade
- We have a $20/pay check allowance we can do with what we please - so, I tells ya what - I've been stashing a lot of it away, and, when I do spend it, a lot of it goes towards rulers and notions, threads, etc.
So for this Sunday's stash link up, I have three special things to share with you.
2) A Hex n' More ruler. I have always wanted one of these, and I had some points at MarmaladeFabrics.com to spend, so I thought I'd treat myself and add it to my order this month. I love the Jewel shape of this one, and I'm excited to try it out.
3) And...for the last 2 years, I have been saving for what initially was supposed to be a Singer 15-91. But after a lot of research, I decided late last year that I would start looking more seriously for a Singer 201-2 (a larger version of the 15-91, with a bigger harp space).
My CMQG friend Erika at Miss Sews-it-all found this beauty, fixed her up, and then contacted me last week to let me know she had it and was wanting to sell it - and I took it!!
The harp space measures 8" long by 5.5" high. Pretty significant. For comparisons sake, the Brother PQ1500s's (similar to the Juki 98 & 2010/2000) harp space is 8.6" x 5.7". Pretty darned good!
It needs to be in a table - which I don't have - so I'm working on picking up a dining table on Craigslist and I'll "hack" it - cut my own hole, set in my own machine hinges, and maybe paint it. Yippee!!
Erika sewed on it for a few days to make sure everything was working well after being rewired, and she loved it, says it's really smooth.
Linking up to MolliSparkles.com today for Sunday Stash Share! Make sure to head over there and check out his blog, and all of the other stash shares today!
On another note, if you're interested, I've created a couple of new polls on Massdrop for some notions which I thought some of you may be interested in - you can vote on your favorites, if you'd like!
Solids Swatch Cards
Thread Rack/Thread Storage Solutions
Quilting Thread Cone
and this one is a great one - it's an Aurifil Collections poll!
Aurifil Thread Collections
Have a great Sunday everyone!