Review & Coupon Code: "Precision Piecing" on Craftsy7:35:00 PM
Recently I was contacted by Craftsy.com and asked to write a review on my blog of one of their newer quilting classes, called "Precision Piecing".
I will preface my review with this: although Craftsy.com contacted me and asked me to take one of their courses and review it therein, all of the opinions below are mine and mine alone. I am giving you my own (unbiased, unprompted) opinion on the Craftsy.com platform and specifically, the class "Precision Piecing".
- you always have access to that course, forever more, even once you've completed it
- you can access the course for any length of time, any time of day or night
- you can comment and ask the course instructor questions during the instructional video; the instructor then responds to you (and you usually receive an answer from them in your email inbox within 24 hours)
- you can share your projects with other people taking the classes by uploading photos to the platform
- the classes are relatively inexpensive, and some are even free (and everyone loves free!)
- the topics of classes range within each discipline; within the "Quilting" classes, you can learn about specific types of piecing, take a block-of-the-month class, machine maintenance and trouble shooting, and the list goes on.
|my version of the Amish Pinwheel Block from "Precision Piecing"|
|part of the class is teaching how to get perfect diamond intersections, every time(circled)|
|how to get perfect Y-seams, every time (circled)|
|my version of the foundation paper-pieced Stained Glass Window block from "Precision Piecing"(note: I added a border around the block to bring it to 12")|
|perfect 8-point matching, every time (circled)|