meet: my Machine! hop schedule... & a chance for you to participate!4:30:00 AM
Hi all! Happy Sunday!
I thought I would give an update with a schedule for our (Stacey @ the Tilted Quilt & me!) "meet: my Machine!" blog hop, running March 17 - 22.
We kept the hop small, and we didn't have an open sign-up for it; we contacted sewers and quilters from all experience levels - you'll know some of the people on the list, others, you won't.
We had such a great response after posting earlier in the month to let you know we'd be hopping - several of you wanted to participate, but, the hop was already full. We've come up with a way that all of those who want to participate, can....
We're going to have a link-up party on Stacey's blog, starting on the 17 March (the first day of the hop) and running until March 22. For all of those who would like to talk about their machines, sewing spaces, vintage and antique machines, etc., you can have a post on your blog and then link it up to Stacey's site during these dates, so that you can share your machine knowledge with others, too!
Stay tuned - on March 17 I'll post a link to Stacey's site where you can link your post up, and, make sure you stop by everyone on the schedule - some will be having giveaways, and, this is a great opportunity for all of us to learn about other machines!
SUNDAY, MARCH 17
MONDAY, MARCH 18
TUESDAY, MARCH 19
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 20
THURSDAY, MARCH 21
FRIDAY, MARCH 22
If you're interested in participating in the linky-party portion of the hop, here are some topics you may like to cover in your post (don't feel you need to cover them all, they're only ideas!):
- Please tell us about your current machine - make, model, etc. (and if there's any story behind you obtaining it, etc.)
- What's your favorite machine accessory/doo-dad?
- Does your machine have a name? What is it? Have you tatted your machine up with fancy stickers, decals, etc? let's see 'um!
- Tell us a little about your first sewing machine - is that the one you still use today?
- How many machines do you own (don't be shy, fess up) & tell us a bit about them - domestic, serger, embroidery, long arm, vintage, antique? Do you use your vintage/antique machines, or are they eye-candy only?
- What are your favorite features of your current machine?
- What feature could you not live without?
- What features do you wish you had on that machine, but don't? How could your machine be improved upon? Would you recommend this machine to a friend (be diplomatic here, lol)
- If you could have any machine (let's say you win one for FREE tomorrow...) what would it be??
- Show us your sewing space - what are your favorite parts of that space and what do you want to change? Where did you find your (table/chair/shelving, etc. if they've got a great story, [I found it in a dumpster behind the Walmart! Ya! New coat of paint and look at it!] [it's an Ikea Hack!!! It was a (weird Swedish name here) table and now look at it!], etc, we'd love to hear about it)
- What's your favorite method for storing (scraps, FQBs, Jelly Rolls, etc.)
- And, anything else machine/space/person related you'd like to share!
If you'd like to participate, grab a button and put it on your blog on the day of you post and encourage your readers to hop along with us!
Check back soon!